Best way to secure Python source code.

Sewnkin

Anybody knows what's the best way to secure Python source codes? 

I have personally been converting the source file into a compiled byte code but that wasn't enough as i could decompile it within 2 minutes and i found it very frustrating as i couldn't publish any of my python apps without depending solely on the backend.

Any suggestions?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sewnkin said:

Anybody knows what's the best way to secure Python source codes? 

I have personally been converting the source file into a compiled byte code but that wasn't enough as i could decompile it within 2 minutes and i found it very frustrating as i couldn't publish any of my python apps without depending solely on the backend.

Any suggestions?

I believe one way could be obsfucating it, then converting it to compiled byte code? I'm not sure if it's supposed to be secure by design though. Obsfucating is also not really secure, but it's better than nothing.

• Like 1

The only thing I've ever used to compile/obfuscate code successfully was Cython, but I'm not sure how easy it is to dump/decompile.  I honestly don't think there is much that can be done in terms of hiding code in languages such as Python, but I don't have too much experience with it to begin with as I've given up on obfuscation and now just keep my code private.

• 4 months later...
On 3/28/2021 at 8:58 PM, Ecstasy said:

The only thing I've ever used to compile/obfuscate code successfully was Cython, but I'm not sure how easy it is to dump/decompile.  I honestly don't think there is much that can be done in terms of hiding code in languages such as Python, but I don't have too much experience with it to begin with as I've given up on obfuscation and now just keep my code private.

Nothing is private 😉