Do you own Bitcoin?

Octolus

I've been investing in #BTC regularly for the past two years, despite it's been going both up & down drastically. 

Have you invested/bought BTC?

Do you own any?

If not; why?

I believe it'll hit 80k+ by May/April.

not financial advice.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I have not bought any bitcoin but I will in the future. The reason is because I'm not financially stable to start playing high risk high reward. Before I do, I'm going to have to do a lot more research into bitcoin and when I should play my hands right

13 minutes ago, Octolus said:

GvDPF4

Just because something goes up doesn't mean it stays up, in fact I think its the instability of BTC that will cause it to crash, many people say its the new USD and business's are starting to use it because of this, but due to long confirmation times (in perspective towards the average transaction length using tradition fiat currencies) as well as the instability of the coins price and the overall market, it's not going to be a viable option much longer, (opinion) and other newer coins produces by major companies like Amazons new coin, which they will undoubtedly incorporate into a rewards and card programs, have more potential and future uses. I think it's safer to day trade the BTC (very risky) rather than just hold on to it. 

This is my opinion, I am not a professional nor pretend to be, I encourage you to research yourself and even look at outside events or things that could possibly affect whatever you are looking into.

Edited by Aonspecuous

Just now, Aonspecuous said:

Just because something goes up doesn't mean it stays up, in fact I think its the instability of BTC that will cause it to crash, many people say its the new USD and business's are starting to use it because of this, but due to long confirmation times (in perspective towards the average transaction length using tradition fiat currencies) as well as the instability of the coins price and the overall market, it's not going to be a viable option much longer, (opinion) and other newer coins produces by major companies like Amazons new coin, which they will undoubtedly incorporate into a rewards and card programs. I think it's safer to day trade the BTC (very risky) rather than just hold on to it. 

This is my opinion, I am not a professional nor pretend to be, I encourage you to research yourself and even look at outside events or things that could possibly affect whatever you are looking into.

It is not a replacement of FIAT, however I do believe it will keep raising. It's an investment, not a replacement. It's too slow, unless they push more changes to it - which is difficult to do as it is.

8 minutes ago, Octolus said:

It is not a replacement of FIAT, however I do believe it will keep raising. It's an investment, not a replacement. It's too slow, unless they push more changes to it - which is difficult to do as it is.

They actually cannot push any changes to BTC, the only changes possible to BTC and how it operates would be its halving. And yes you're right BTC is definitely an investment, and operates in similar function to stock, (obviously there are many differences, but the core function of demand = value remains.) Unless you think you can do well in the stock market I don't recommend trying BTC, and if you think you can do well in stocks, then put your money in the S&P500, which averages a 7%  annual return, this is actually a very common practice in wallstreet because banks no longer properly compensate for inflation, with interest.

This is my opinion, I am not a professional nor pretend to be, I encourage you to research yourself and even look at outside events or things that could possibly affect whatever you are looking into. Also my information could be incorrect or outdated, as could anyone else's.

Edited by Aonspecuous